This month’s joint meeting with DOZE, BAM, and Mad Zymurgists on August 15th. The meeting place is Briones Regional Park – Newt Hollow picnic area at 11am, though you can come as early as 9:00am if you want to set up tents, tables, jockey boxes, etc.)
Link to the park information & map: www.ebparks.org/parks/briones. Look for the Newt Hollow picnic area near the Bear Creek entrance on the park’s Southwest side.
This meeting was planned to provide an opportunity to meet some fellow brewers in close local clubs. There is no official agenda other than sharing some good homebrew and discussing all things brewing.
As with all of our meetings, please bring some homebrew to share and be prepared to keep it cold or serve in your own cooler or equipment. We are planning a potluck for food, so if you can bring a covered dish, a snack to share, or something to put on the grill we’ll throw it in the mix.
Carpools to the park are recommended. We’ve designated the Orinda BART station as a meeting place for those who want to drop a car and rideshare. Plan on meeting there at 10:00 to drop cars and arrange rides.
- Facilities: Eleven 10-foot tables, one 6-foot table, two double BBQs, seven single BBQs. If you plan to BBQ, bring your own charcoal, tools, etc. Bring your own grill if you can because space on grills will be limited (100+ people is possible)
- GADGET SHOW – bring your favorite homemade or commercial brewing gadgets to show off to your fellow brewers (even if you’ve presented them previously at DOZE meetings there will be lots of new folks to share ideas).
- The site has many trees and should be shaded, though easy-ups will guarantee shade
- Bring your own chairs & table if you have them (for gadgets, food & seating)
- Bring food items to share in a “pot luck” style (dont worry about feeding 100+ people, just bring enough to share with your own serving utensils)
- Bring water, sunscreen, hats/umbrellas to deal with any direct sun and heat
- Bring your homebrew to share
- Cups, plasticware utensils, plates, and napkins will be provided by the organizers
Please let Erik know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.