What is DOZE?
DOZE – The Diablo Order of Zymiracle Enthusiasts
Is a group of guys and gals from California’s Contra Costa, Alameda, and Solano counties –and sometimes even further afield– that gets together to talk about beer and brewing techniques, brew together, share other aspects of our hobby, and to socialize.
DOZE is one of the largest and most active clubs in the Bay Area. We plan events, group brews, and classes, we organize pub crawls and brewery visits, test member’s submissions, and talk about one of our favorite hobbies… often over a beer. Members also volunteer to research and talk about some aspect of brewing, whether it is technique, ingredients, history or equipment.
So far in 2019, DOZE has …
- Held multi-club “Big Brew” days
- Held a multi-day club campout at Doran Beach in Sonoma County
- Held Beer Judge Certification Program courses
- Contributed several hundred hours to BJCP-sanctioned homebrew competitions
- Were the organizers and hosts for the SF Region 1st Round of the National Homebrewers Competition
- Hosted “Learn to Brew” classes at MoreBeer! homebrew shop in Concord
- Hosted mead, cider, and perry production days
- Helped pick 1000’s of lbs of pears for Contra Costa County Food Bank
- Provided all the beer for Hops for Hope fundraiser event for Youth Homes that raised over $50k to help foster children
- Shared the hobby and introduced people to homebrewing through a booth at the Bay Area Craft Beer Festival and the Contra Costa County Fair
- Earned the California State Fair “Golden Bear” Best-of-Show Club Award for the 3rd year in a row.
- and much more …
New members are always welcome! As long as you’re interested in homebrewing, you can be a part of DOZE. Our meetings are usually the last non-holiday Monday of each month at Lindsay Wildlife Experience in Walnut Creek.