What is DOZE?
DOZE – The Diablo Order of Zymiracle Enthusiasts
Is a group of guys and gals from California’s Contra Costa, Alameda, and Solano counties –and sometimes even further afield– that gets together to talk about beer and brewing techniques, brew together, share other aspects of our hobby, and to socialize.
DOZE is one of the largest and most active clubs in the Bay Area. We plan events, group brews, and classes, we organize pub crawls and brewery visits, test member’s submissions, and talk about one of our favorite hobbies… often over a beer. Members also volunteer to research and talk about some aspect of brewing, whether it is technique, ingredients, history or equipment.
In 2021, DOZE …
- Held “Big Brew” days
- Organized visits to local breweries
- Collaborated on a commercial brew at Danville Brewing Co.
- Held a multi-day club campout at Doran Beach in Sonoma County
- Held Beer Judge Certification Program courses
- Contributed several hundred hours to BJCP-sanctioned homebrew competitions
- Hosted mead, cider, and perry production days
- Helped pick 1000’s of lbs of pears for Contra Costa County Food Bank
- Provided all the beer for a fundraising event that raised over $5,000 to help foster research into juvenile diabetes
- Earned the California State Fair “Golden Bear” Best-of-Show Club Award for the 4th year in a row
- Earned both of the American Homebrewers Association’s most prestigious awards – the Homebrew Club of the Year award, and the Radegast Award for service to homebrewing and the community at large. (The first time any club has earned both in a singe year!)
- Celebrated it’s 25th anniversary!
- and much more …
New members are always welcome! As long as you’re interested in homebrewing beer, cider, perry or mead, you will find a home in DOZE. Our meetings are usually the last non-holiday Monday of each month at Lindsay Wildlife Experience in Walnut Creek.