Fri 24 Apr 2015
Fri 24 Apr 2015
Thu 16 Apr 2015
We have new options for DOZE gear! Hats are one size, and have already been ordered – hopefully here in time for pick up at the April meeting. Hoodies and Work Shirts are available for ordering. We’ll leave the store open for a while allowing you to order your desired size and color. I’ll then combine all of the club orders and send off to our vendor for a single run.
The DOZE store can be found here: http://clubdoze.com/products-page/ (or just click the big red Buy Your Membership button).Share on Facebook
Tue 24 Mar 2015
Sun 22 Feb 2015
Share on Facebook
Sun 25 Jan 2015
It is a new year and time for some new brewing information.
We just finished the epic BN Winter Brews Festival where DOZE and a couple other clubs poured over 30 different beers at Tasty’s Tasting Room. The line was long all day and the beers were awesome. Thanks to all the brewers and servers that worked the booth!!
Tomorrow night we will begin the 2015 meeting with a tasting of your homebrews including a table for BOTM (beer of the month). Bring your best beer and let it be judged at the BOTM table. We will also have a bottling demonstration using 3 different mechanical methods. Learn about bottling from the keg for all of the upcoming competitions.
Share on Facebook
Wed 14 Jan 2015
December 7 (party)Share on Facebook
Sun 30 Nov 2014
It is almost that time – the DOZE Holiday Party.
Once again we invite all members and spouses/significant others to join us and share the friendships we’ve made over the years.
As usual we have a raffle. This year with proceeds, we will donate money to the Lindsay Wildlife Museum for their fine work and helping us with our meeting location. As a grand prize we will pay all costs to brew on Craig’s 80 gallon system with your best friends. That’s right, you create a recipe and brew on a small commercial system.
Bring your best beer – this is the event to showcase your best brews – bottles, growlers or kegs, we don’t care. Then again this year we’re providing a very special keg to share with everyone. And don’t forget to bring a dessert if you so choose to share your culinary talent and possibly win a little money for best dessert.
See the button to the right to prepay the nominal $10 fee, and renew your membership while you are at it. Food provided by El Molino Mexican Restaurant.
Current donors include: More Beer, Hop Grenade, The Brewing Network, OL, 21st Amendment, Drakes, Sierra Nevada, Creek Monkey, Lagunitas, Ninkasi, and more to come.
Hope to see everyone there – Monday December 8, 7P.M. at Lindsay Wildlife Museum.Share on Facebook
Sun 16 Nov 2014
Mon 3 Nov 2014
Three quick announcements:
1. Remember there is an off flavor class at Creek Monkey this Wednesday, November 5th at 7pm. Let Matt Sager know if you can attend.
2. The water testing session will be held on November 11th, Tuesday at 7pm at Ale Industries Pig and the Pickle, Concord. See your e-mail for the google doc that you must put your name on if you want your water tested. Only 2 waters from each source. Bring at least 8 ounces of water in a clean container.
3. DOZE has scheduled a Brewery tour and lunch at E.J. Phair in Pittsburg for November 15th, Saturday at noon. They just got their wood fired pizza oven up and running so, pizza lunch will provided by DOZE. I will need a rough head count to order lunch. So, please reply to your email. One guest for each DOZE member will be allowed. Here is the address:
300 Cumberland St.
Pittsburg CA 94565
Tue 28 Oct 2014
We had an awesome turnout for our BOTM each and every month. Thanks for bringing such good beer! The styles were varied as was the % ABV for all the beers. We had 26 different brewers submit beer during the year and I don’t think anybody submitted one every month.
First off, congratulations to everyone bringing their beer. We hope you got good feedback and had some fun in doing so.
For the yearly totals, here are the top 5 brewers:
5. Tie, Ray Graves and Craig Danielson
4. Paul Brown
3. Adam Wyss
2. Max Brown
1. Matt Sager CONGRATULATIONS!
Matt brought beer 6 of the 9 months and usually scored first during those months.
Looking forward to continuing this next year!!
Here is a link to the final google sheet. BOTM